Today, we’re talking about a popular hair trick that both naturalistas and weave-wearers are embracing, called: the Pre-Poo.
What does “Pre-Poo” mean?
Pre-Poo is short for Pre-Shampoo, and it is (typically) an oil treatment that is applied to the hair prior to shampooing.
Why should you “Pre-Poo”?
- Pre-Poo restores the much-needed moisture back into dry, damaged hair.
- Pre-Poo detangles & unmangles hair strands before shampooing, which has a tendency to worsen tangles.
- Pre-Poo prevents shampoos from completely stripping hair of its natural oils by acting as a protective outer layer.
- And last, but not least, Pre-Poo makes your hair pre-tty. 😉 Your hair will not only be moisturized & untangled, it will also have a beautiful shine & a healthy luster.
How do you “Pre-Poo”?
What’s so great about the Pre-Poo is how effective & easy it is! Depending on how dry or damaged your natural hair is, you can Pre-Poo as often as once per week, or just once per month.
- Apply a natural oil* to your natural hair.
*Our favorite is a mix of extra virgin coconut oil & extra virgin olive oil. Feel free to experiment with your favorite oils to find the right amount of nourishment for your personal hair needs.
- Leave it in for approximately 20 minutes.
- Proceed to shampooing & conditioning your hair.
#ASKOutre – Got any questions about weaves, wigs, or hair maintenance? Ask us below & we’ll get back to you with an answer! 😉